Friday, July 23, 2010

Uncle Kenny

This is a story that my uncle Kenny gave me today. It put a huge smile on my face. My dad was always fixing thing. He knew how to make something out of nothing. I hope everyone who reads this smiles as well. This is what uncle Kenny had to say:

Think it was back in 73 a few months after your brother Danny passed away Johnny and I sold enough pop bottles to get us a kite when we took it out in field beside our little house in coal hill ,wasn't in the sky very long when it ripped apart .your mom and dad drove in the driveway when we walking back to the house disappointed.Ponce looked at worthless kite and asked us if he can take it home with him said he can make a better one.
About a week later he drove up in his Volkswagon bug. Got out and pulled this plain looking kite made of shopping bag paper weighted with a thick cloth tail with 500 ft of string out of his car.I remember that afternoon was extra windy strong wind blew from the east johnny just let go of it and it took off and in no it was heading towards the sky going up and up we were out of string johnny went got more while I keeping the string from getting away.he came back with 2 more rolls of string .We added them to it and before you know it was ,It was a little dot in the sky .we were all laughing and in awe . Your grandpa walked over to us he was amazed he said "I never seen a kite that high in the sky before".Ponce said "this is the first for me too".It took johnny a long time to get it back down.we were having a ball.
Taught us a valuable lesson So every since that awesome day we knew homemade things can be just as good as store bought stuff and enjoying simple things in life.
KennyPool

No comments:

Post a Comment